Practicing Creativity

Paris Travel Journal – Vintage original

Monsieur Hubby and I travel a lot. I keep travel journals of the trips we take, but I've never been able to find one journal that met all my needs – writing, sketching, photos, a place for little souvenirs. So . . . I've started making them. This vintage Paris travel journal is one.


It's made from an old Paris travel guide, well used and loved, that was falling apart and literally taped together. The covers have been completely redone – inside and out – and varnished for added shine and protection. There are 98 pages inside of various types, to meet different travel needs. I've made a front page for the traveler's name and address, email address and reward amount if the journal is lost and found. There are lined pages for written notes, blank sketch pages for sketches, and heavier photo paper where photos or other memorabilia can be pasted.


Included in the paper mix are some of the original pages from the guide and decorative scrap book paper.  A sewn pocket with velcro closure is at the back for those little metro tickets and the like that everyone wants to save.  There are also 2 pages for a Postcard List – the names and addresses of postcard recipients so as not to forget anyone, as well as 2 Emergency Information pages – credit card phone numbers to call in case of loss or theft, passport numbers, travel insurance numbers, etc.  Also included is the original guide's Metro system map, which I included in its entirety. To give this journal the ultimate in flexibility I used ring binders, that allow the voyager to add, change, rearrange, as she likes – to make it her own unique, perfect travel journal.


And of course, I had to dress it all up a bit. There's a mix of vintage and new ribbons, metal book corners, plus some charms – an Eiffel tower, a fleur de lys and a charm I made with an original French postage stamp, sealed in resin. An attached elastic cord keeps it all closed.



I'm tempted to keep this beauty for myself, but as I have quite a few of my own, I've put it in my Etsy shop, for someone else to enjoy.

No comments

Post a Comment

Pursuant to EU Data Protection and privacy legislation GDPR, by commenting here you agree that your name and comment are visible to all Paperesse.com blog visitors and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for your comment.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig